This recipe combines two of our favorite snacks: popcorn and peanut brittle. Upgrade this classic treat with cannabis infused popcorn and a dash of pumpkin spice flavor for a special snack that’s perfect for the fall or winter season.
Recipe and photos by Stephany Gogobacchi from Flour Child Collective.
Pumpkin Spice Popcorn Brittle
- 1 bag Pop-Up Potcorn, popped (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, honey, or light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
Pop the popcorn and pick out any unpopped kernels. Gently crush about half of it by squeezing fistfuls. Set aside.
Butter a sheet tray or baking dish well. Combine sugar, syrup, and kosher salt in a medium saucepan, over medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar as it heats up, stop stirring once it hits a boil. Boil to about 310F, until its golden brown.
Remove from heat, carefully stir in butter, baking soda, vanilla, and spices (it will bubble furiously!). Stir in popcorn. Pour out onto buttered sheet, and sprinkle with the flaky sea salt. Let cool to room temperature, then break into pieces and store in an airtight container.