Chocolate CBD Therapy Truffles Recipe
Share your love for The Farmaceuticals Company CBD therapy Drops with your friends and family!
With this quick & delicious recipe featuring our full-spectrum high CBD olive oil drops, we think you’ll want to make a double (or triple) batch.
This recipe was adapted from California Olive Ranch.
CHOCOLATE CBD THERAPY TRUFFLES
Makes about 20 small truffles, approximately 13mg CBD & 1mg THC each.
- 4 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 30 ml (1 bottle) CBD therapy Drops
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably non-alkalized, dutch process)
- Zest of 1 orange (optional) for decorating & a bright flavor, or get creative! Finely chopped roasted pistachios, holiday sprinkles, shredded coconut, or even smoked sea salt can make these truffles even more special.
- Place the chocolate, butter, CBD therapy Drops, and salt in a bowl set on top of a gently simmering pot of water, or a double boiler if you have one. Stir often, and until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours (or up to 3 days) to harden.
- Remove and let the mixture stand at room temperature for 15 or more minutes to soften very slightly.
- Spread the cocoa in a shallow pie or cake pan. If desired, sprinkle 2 tbs of the orange zest over the cocoa, or your favorite toppings. Scrape a tiny scoop or melon baller across the surface of the chocolate mixture to form an irregular round truffle, 1 inch or less in diameter. Place the truffle in the pie pan. Shake the pan to roll the truffle in cocoa and zest/ toppings. Repeat until all of the truffles are shaped and coated.
- Remove the truffles from the cocoa to a covered container. Refrigerate to store. Remove truffles from the fridge about 10 minutes before serving.
Dosing Tip: Did you know? Research recommends starting with 1mg of whole-plant CBD for every 10lbs of body weight. So 1 truffle would be the perfect dose for someone who is 120-150lbs. Also, you can’t “overdose” on CBD.
Want more THC?: For those who want a little more THC in their chocolate, try this same recipe with 1/2 bottle The Farmaceuticals Company Balance Therapy Drops! Using half of a bottle of Balance Drops each truffle would be approximately 3.75mg of CBD and 3.75mg THC. Just add in 15 ml (or approx. 3 teaspoons) of good quality extra virgin olive oil to the mix!