Shop Small Craft Brands
420 is more than just a celebration of great weed. Here at Sava, everyone’s favorite high holiday is all about working towards the industry we want to see, and part of that is uplifting the growers and product makers who’ve been shaping the industry since day one.
It’s no secret that steep taxes and complex regulations are harming cannabis cultivators and businesses. Small farms were integral in the fight for legalization, but many are struggling due to heavy fees and competition from multi-acre mega-farms that can afford to sell low-quality flower for bargain-basement prices. Despite producing some of our favorite craft cannabis, these small farms just can’t compete.
You may be seeing deal after deal—$5 eighths and other steep 420 discounts—crop up everywhere. We know that consumers like you are also feeling the weight of taxes, and it’s tempting to jump on these deals. But by purchasing an artisan product from craft brands, you’re choosing to support a fair and equitable industry that offers high-quality, sustainably-grown products.
HOW TO SUPPORT SMALL CRAFT BRANDS
The easiest way to support these brands is by purchasing their products. You can sort by small craft brands under the "values" filter on our shop page.
Join us by using your dollars to vote for the progressive and equitable industry that you want to see thrive.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Check out these articles about the state of California's cannabis industry:
- Rolling Stone: Inside California's Cannabis Crisis
- New York Times: Oakland Cannabis Sellers, Once Full of Hope, Face a Harsh Reality
- NBC News: Craft cannabis industry in California is 'on the brink of collapse,' advocates say
- NBC Los Angeles: California Pot Companies Warn of Impending Industry Collapse
- Politico: California’s legal weed industry can’t compete with illicit market
Photos courtesy Sonoma Hills Farm