Sava Provider: The Green Cacao Company
The Green Cacao Company (TGCC) creates top shelf, artisanal edibles that are nutrient-dense, vegan, paleo, and delicious.
Handmade with LowGI ingredients that are safe for diabetics, TGCC also sources organically grown, raw (unheated) and GMO-free ingredients as first choice, whenever possible.
The synergy of combined botanicals – cacao, whole plant cannabis, plus other raw & organic superfoods such as goji, mesquite, and coconut – fosters a unique entourage effect of its own. The end result is a uniquely nourishing and restorative experience for mind, body and spirit.
Every ingredient used offers wellness benefits ~ it’s all ‘plant medicine’.
Did you know that when cacao (aka chocolate) has not been exposed to conventional cooking heat, and is therefore ‘raw’, it has a molecular structure that mimics cannabinoids? As a result, raw cacao triggers a hefty release of serotonin, dopamine and endorphin. It also increases the amount of anandamide in our body. Bliss!
Founded by a 25+ year practitioner of wellness disciplines – including functional nutrition, yoga, bodywork, and meditation – TGCC grew out of a personal need. Unable to find an edible in the marketplace that ticked all the right boxes (happily the cannabis marketplace is more diverse today), and hearing similar frustrations from family and friends, she created an ‘no-compromise’ edible that ticked those boxes:
- organically grown & GMO-free ingredients as first choice when sourcing
- whole plant cannabis compounds, CO2 extracted, from outdoor plantsgrown according to organic methods (i.e. free of chemicals and pesticides)
- LowGI ingredients safe for diabetics and those with sugar sensitivities (e.g. no cane, honey, maple syrup, rice syrup, coconut sugar, agave, dates, raisins, etc)
- free of gluten, dairy, soy & corn
- free of high fructose syrups
- free of preservatives
- environmentally-mindful packaging
Guided by the principal that human wellbeing is dependent upon the health of our environment, TGCC packaging is produced at a wind-powered facility, using FSC certified & compostable materials; printed with vegetable-based inks; wrapped in compostable cellulose – not plastic.