Spiced Dark Chocolate Parfait
Garden Society worked with their favorite wine-country chefs to create this deliciously tantalizing Spiced Dark Chocolate Parfait. Whether it be Galentine's Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, this parfait is a delicious way to impress your loved ones.
- 8 wine or water glasses or mason jars
- 1 package (8 pieces) GS spicy dark chocolates
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 baskets (6 oz each) fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup red wine. (can substitute OJ or water)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 purchased Angel Food cake. (wrap & freeze other half for later use)
- In a small cup sprinkle the gelatin over 2 Tablespoons Milk. Stir to combine. Set aside to bloom.
- In a small sauce pot add 1 cup heavy cream, 2/3 cup milk and 2 Tablespoons of the sugar. Bring to a boil. Shut off and remove from heat.
- Add the 8 chocolates to the hot cream mix. Let sit for 2 minutes and then whisk to combine. Add the bloomed gelatin and whisk until all lumps are gone.
- Using a measuring cup as a guide. Pour 1/4 cup of the chocolate mix into the bottom of each glass.
- Place glasses in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour or until chocolate sets.
- Combine the raspberry jam, red wine and water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and chill.
- Add the raspberries to the cool jam mix and let macerate.
- Cut the Angel Food cake into 8 slabs. Use a 3? round cookie cutter to to make cake circles.
- Place remaining 1 cup heavy cream and 1 Tablespoon sugar in mixer fitted with whisk. Beat until soft peaks.
- Push a cake round into each glass so that it rests on top of the chocolate. Place a large spoonful of raspberries (about 8) along with the juice on top of each piece of the cake.
- Dollop with whipped cream topped with a raspberry just before serving.